U-turn goes wrong in Hillsville
CWC receives grant to expand Diabetes Rehab Program
Debate over Carroll’s non-user fee gets heated
Training for terror
Woodlawn man charged in shooting on New River
- U-turn goes wrong in Hillsville - 11:03 am
- CWC receives grant to expand Diabetes Rehab Program - 4:58 pm
- Debate over Carroll’s non-user fee gets heated - 4:49 pm
- Training for terror - 2:20 pm
- Woodlawn man charged in shooting on New River - 4:42 pm
- Commonwealth offers senior heat safety tips - 4:33 pm
- ‘Melting Pot’ returning to Chef T - 4:28 pm
- Florida man confesses to murder after high-speed Hillsville chase - 3:50 pm updated: 5:11 pm.
- Woodlawn School to be converted into apartments - 9:41 am
- Concert to honor Slusher’s love of God, music - 4:07 pm
- Harnessing the sun - 4:52 pm
- Training Center residents find new home - 4:48 pm
- Hillsville’s Fourth of July Parade - 3:03 pm
- Undoing revisionist history - 1:07 pm
- Carroll man killed in crash on Parkway - 11:24 pm updated: 3:49 pm.
- Carroll School Board approves personnel recommendations - 11:18 am
- Smith indicted for assault and battery of police officers - 4:33 pm
- Jett honored by Rotary Club - 4:29 pm updated: 4:36 pm.
- Rain can’t stop Relay - 12:09 pm
- Worrell says saving the environment starts with ‘small switches’ - 3:01 pm
- ‘Once Upon A Cure’ is Relay For Life’s theme - 5:00 pm
- Hillsville’s July Fourth theme announced - 3:35 pm
- Terry named VFW’s first female Commander - 12:50 pm
- Sheriff’s Office arrests four - 4:48 pm
- Missing boy found in Indiana; two arrests made - 4:12 pm
Concert to honor Slusher’s love of God, music
During his 57 years of life, Rick Slusher shared his love of music and the Lord with the world – with gospel groups and most recently with the F...
Harnessing the sun
To some, Keith Grubb is known as the father of Jordan and Hunter Grubb – pharmacist at Nuckolls Drug and Carroll County Deputy. Others know him ...
Training Center residents find new home
A group home partnership’s press conference Friday of a new facility for five individuals with disabilities was more than ribbon cutting. It sta...
Hillsville’s Fourth of July Parade
Allen Worrell/The Carroll NewsRobin Love leads the pack for the Heirborn Bikers Chapter #853 of Hillsville on Wednesday during the Town of Hillsville&...
Undoing revisionist history
While it may not always be visible to the general public, restoration work on the historic Sidna Allen House in Fancy Gap continues. And when some of ...
Carroll man killed in crash on Parkway
The Virginia State Police is investigating a fatal crash that claimed the life of a Carroll County man Saturday afternoon on the Blue Ridge Parkway in...
Carroll’s Crockett named all-state
The postseason honors continue to roll in for Carroll County’s Laken Crockett, who has been selected first-team all-state.Crockett, who has alre...
Farmer named first-team all-region
At the forefront of a Carroll County baseball turnaround in 2018, senior Hayden Farmer has been rewarded as a first-team all-region selection.Farmer, ...
Cook to play in state all-star game
Conference Champion.State Champion.Four-Year Starter.Now, Carroll County senior Emily Cook is about to add State All-Star to that list.Cook, who will ...
Carroll’s Crockett named Region 4D Player of the Year
Excelling at the plate and at two of the most difficult positions in the field, Carroll County junior Laken Crockett has been named Region 4D Softball...
Carroll’s Horton signs to play at DII West Virginia Wesleyan
After putting up one of the best statistical seasons in school history, Carroll County’s Adam Horton has signed to play college basketball at Di...
Big inning lifts Bruins past Carroll in region semis
Blacksburg scored five runs with two outs in the second inning May 29 and it proved to be the difference in a 5-1 Region 4D Softball Semifinal victory...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...