Commonwealth Leadership team treats associates to picnic
Teachers helped Golden Cavaliers be themselves
Woman charged after shooting inside Cana home
Carroll bus drivers seeking to have benefits restored
Beasley pleads guilty to attempted capital murder
- Adams-Parker is named to Assistant Superintendent post - 3:24 pm
- Lady Cavs beat Bassett in regional opener - 4:03 pm
- Commonwealth Leadership team treats associates to picnic - 3:41 pm
- Teachers helped Golden Cavaliers be themselves - 3:39 pm
- Woman charged after shooting inside Cana home - 12:53 pm updated: 3:59 pm.
- Carroll bus drivers seeking to have benefits restored - 3:50 pm
- Beasley pleads guilty to attempted capital murder - 3:53 pm
- Excavation of time capsule draws big crowd - 2:47 pm
- Primland, Blue Ridge Vineyard team up for fine dining - 3:46 pm
- No bomb found on I-77 in Carroll; Indiana woman could face charges - 3:47 pm
- I-77 closed in Carroll due to bomb threat - 12:13 pm
- Time capsule will evoke reflection, rememberance - 4:17 pm
- Carroll man’s petition to put prayer back in schools on way to Supreme Court - 2:56 pm
- Time Capsule ‘Reveal’ set for May 12 - 3:56 pm updated: 11:34 am.
- Jessup defeats Tate in Hillsville Town Council race - 8:17 pm updated: 2:20 pm.
- Traffic stop leads to multiple drug charges in Carroll - 11:36 am
- Young racer plans tribute honoring local deputy - 2:48 pm
- Veteran town councilman seeking another term - 4:41 pm
- N.C. man arrested on drug charges following two-state pursuit - 4:39 pm updated: 2:54 pm.
- Local Earth Day stresses ‘Unity in Community’ - 4:05 pm
- Grants fuel ‘Book People’ effort this Spring - 4:37 pm
- CCHS presents ‘Shrek the Musical’ - 4:24 pm
- Community joins Carroll students in walkout against school violence - 3:31 pm updated: 11:14 pm.
- Commonwealth Senior Living honored with three awards - 12:38 pm
- Carroll native collaborating with famed rapper on new single - 2:58 pm
No bomb found on I-77 in Carroll; Indiana woman could face charges
An Indiana woman could possibly face charges in Carroll County after alerting authorities a bomb was in the trunk of her car Thursday after being pull...
I-77 closed in Carroll due to bomb threat
According to Carroll County officials, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Hillsville Police Department and Virginia State Police are respondin...
Time capsule will evoke reflection, rememberance
If you live long enough, you find out “emotional distance” is an oxymoron, especially dealing with the past. Fittingly, bringing Hillsvill...
Carroll man’s petition to put prayer back in schools on way to Supreme Court
It weighs about 50 pounds and took 11 years to collect. In total, it includes more than 42,000 signatures. And now, a decade-long petition to put pray...
Time Capsule ‘Reveal’ set for May 12
Hillsville Town Council approved a parade permit at its April 23 regular meeting which sets the Town’s Time Capsule “Reveal” date as...
Jessup defeats Tate in Hillsville Town Council race
Barry L. Jessup will be the new Sulphur Springs Ward representative for Hillsville Town Council. Jessup received 54 votes with incumbent William L. Ta...
For better or for worse
GALAX - When two people pledge their love and agree to spend a life together, they never quite know what the road ahead holds, especially for couples ...
Cavs homer twice in win over Giles
Hayden Farmer and Blake Stanley both ripped two-run home runs May 8 as Carroll County defeated Giles 10-1 in a Three Rivers District baseball game at ...
Lady Cavs split with Pulaski, Floyd
Floyd County scored seven runs in the last two innings to rally for a 10-8 Three Rivers District softball win over Carroll County on May 1 in Hillsvil...
Ferrum’s Strickland earns first-team all-conference honors
Despite a position change due to a volleyball injury, Ferrum College junior Cheyenne Strickland turned in her best season on the softball diamond in 2...
Cavs top Radford, Galax in baseball
Carroll County scored five runs in the third inning Friday to rally past Radford 9-5 for a Three Rivers District victory at Radford.Chad Crotts struck...
Three Carroll athletes sign to play college sports
A trio of Carroll County athletes signed the dotted line to continue their athletic careers in a special ceremony held April 18 at Carroll County High...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...