Sheriff’s Office arrests four
Missing boy found in Indiana; two arrests made
Nuckolls Drug looking forward to June 16 re-opening
Local veteran meets General Patton’s grandson
School board releases personnel actions from June 12 meeting
- Sheriff’s Office arrests four - 4:48 pm
- Missing boy found in Indiana; two arrests made - 4:12 pm
- Nuckolls Drug looking forward to June 16 re-opening - 4:15 pm
- Local veteran meets General Patton’s grandson - 4:18 pm
- School board releases personnel actions from June 12 meeting - 4:36 pm
- Carroll authorities working missing child case - 3:57 pm
- Time capsule draws large crowd - 10:50 am
- Child struck by car on Glendale Road - 2:27 pm
- Carroll announces first company to locate at Wildwood - 11:47 am
- Carroll students learning at grad school levels - 3:00 pm
- Holocaust survivor speaks to CCHS students on Memorial Day - 12:16 pm
- Carroll man dies in Grayson Co. wreck - 11:59 am
- Adams-Parker is named to Assistant Superintendent post - 3:24 pm
- Lady Cavs beat Bassett in regional opener - 4:03 pm
- Commonwealth Leadership team treats associates to picnic - 3:41 pm
- Teachers helped Golden Cavaliers be themselves - 3:39 pm
- Woman charged after shooting inside Cana home - 12:53 pm updated: 3:59 pm.
- Carroll bus drivers seeking to have benefits restored - 3:50 pm
- Beasley pleads guilty to attempted capital murder - 3:53 pm
- Excavation of time capsule draws big crowd - 2:47 pm
- Primland, Blue Ridge Vineyard team up for fine dining - 3:46 pm
- No bomb found on I-77 in Carroll; Indiana woman could face charges - 3:47 pm
- I-77 closed in Carroll due to bomb threat - 12:13 pm
- Time capsule will evoke reflection, rememberance - 4:17 pm
- Carroll man’s petition to put prayer back in schools on way to Supreme Court - 2:56 pm
Carroll students learning at grad school levels
The topics sound like graduate projects at Virginia Tech or Johns Hopkins University – Feeding a Cow in Space and Genetic Probing and the uses i...
Holocaust survivor speaks to CCHS students on Memorial Day
Students at Carroll County High School were treated to a non-traditional Memorial Day assembly Monday, but it was one those in attendance are not like...
Carroll man dies in Grayson Co. wreck
Virginia State Police Trooper J.E. Tilson is investigating a fatal crash in Grayson County. The crash occurred Sunday, May 27 at 6:15 p.m., on Route 9...
Adams-Parker is named to Assistant Superintendent post
Carroll County Public Schools announced Dr. Beverly Adams-Parker as Assistant Superintendent following a special meeting held on May 24.According to i...
Lady Cavs beat Bassett in regional opener
The Lady Cavaliers advanced to the Region 4D semifinals following a 6-5 victory in seven innings over Bassett on May 23 in Hillsville.Carroll’s ...
Commonwealth Leadership team treats associates to picnic
Commonwealth Senior Living’s Senior Leadership Team showed they were Renaissance men on May 3 when they fired up the barbecue and celebrated Hil...
Cavs win four Best of Preps awards
The Mount Airy News and its sister publications, the Stokes News, Yadkin Ripple, Elkin Tribune and Carroll County News, are pleased to present the fir...
Carroll rally falls just short in region loss to Amherst
Three errors with two outs led to three runs in the fifth and sixth innings as Amherst County held off a late Carroll County rally for a 4-3 victory M...
Farmer, Bell spark Carroll baseball turnaround
Having guided Carroll County’s baseball team to its best season since 2011, seniors Hayden Farmer and Nick Bell continued to lead the way May 15...
Carroll seniors shine on Senior Night
All five of Carroll County’s seniors drove in a run May 15 as the Lady Cavaliers defeated Radford 10-0 in a Three Rivers District clash on Senio...
For better or for worse
GALAX - When two people pledge their love and agree to spend a life together, they never quite know what the road ahead holds, especially for couples ...
Cavs homer twice in win over Giles
Hayden Farmer and Blake Stanley both ripped two-run home runs May 8 as Carroll County defeated Giles 10-1 in a Three Rivers District baseball game at ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...