Carroll County’s state-winning fair begins Aug. 22
Airstream Club learns about 1912 Hillsville Tragedy
Local family learns about home from time in China
Hillmont Mercantile opens on Main Street in Hillsville
Carroll Wellness Center now offers Prayer Tree
- Carroll County’s state-winning fair begins Aug. 22 - 3:22 pm
- Airstream Club learns about 1912 Hillsville Tragedy - 2:53 pm
- Local family learns about home from time in China - 12:08 pm
- Hillmont Mercantile opens on Main Street in Hillsville - 12:07 pm
- Carroll Wellness Center now offers Prayer Tree - 4:23 pm
- Congressional candidates visit Farmers Market - 1:43 pm
- Jubilee Service celebration slated at Mt. Olivet Church - 4:34 pm
- Madaleen Shaw Hall of Woodlawn - 11:07 am
- School District honors employees with service awards - 2:47 pm
- Band of Brothers - 3:56 pm updated: 11:11 am.
- World-renowned artist to sign prints in Hillsville - 2:12 pm
- Carroll system opening asks educators ‘Do You Have What It Takes?’ - 12:26 pm
- Prizes, excitement and good food at LFVFD Bingo - 10:31 pm
- Local partnership brings new welcome sign to North Main - 7:30 pm
- Yonce honored for 51 years with fire department - 12:29 pm
- Uber now available in Carroll County - 1:56 pm
- Woodlawn, Galax residents charged with arson of Fort Chiswell Outlet Mall - 10:24 pm updated: 9:11 am.
- Penn. man charged after high-speed chase, manhunt in Carroll County - 3:32 pm
- Carroll supervisor wants to explore alternate uses for the training center - 2:02 pm
- Austinville man charged with abduction, sex crimes against minor - 12:50 pm
- Lake Ridge offers everyone ‘Christmas In July’ - 10:23 am
- School Board releases July 24 meeting personnel actions - 10:15 am
- Fuller Center near completion of second home - 3:30 pm
- Cana man takes kids hostage in N.C. - 3:22 pm
- Well-crafted cuisine at PitStop - 12:54 pm
Band of Brothers
Most of them had never even been to Virginia, but a special gathering brought people from all over the United States to Lake Ridge RV Resort in Hillsv...
World-renowned artist to sign prints in Hillsville
For the first time ever, world-renowned artist P. Buckley Moss will be available to sign copies of her new print, The Sidna Allen House, on August 25 ...
Carroll system opening asks educators ‘Do You Have What It Takes?’
Carroll County Schools Systemwide Opening and Professional Development’s day on August 2 told participants to be a rock forged yet balanced agai...
Prizes, excitement and good food at LFVFD Bingo
Tension builds as Carroll News Staffer Dave Broyles (dressed as Captain Obvious) reads off the number on a winning ticket as Laurel Fork Volunteer Fir...
Local partnership brings new welcome sign to North Main
Local partnerships have literally revamped “a sign of the times” on Hillsville’s Main Street. A ribbon cutting ceremony on July 26 c...
Yonce honored for 51 years with fire department
There were funny stories, good memories and serious moments, too. Through it all, it was easy to tell the impact Don Yonce has had on the Hillsville F...
Lady Cavs’ Basketball Camp
Allen Worrell/The Carroll NewsCorrie Delp of the Tie Dye Ballers drives past Addison Greene of the Ladybugs in the JV Championship on Thursday during ...
Montgomery signs to golf at SCC
Carroll County’s Trey Montgomery will be joining a talented group of freshmen joining the Surry Community College golf team this fall.Montgomery...
Jack Turner era underway at Carroll
Football practice officially began in the state of Virginia on Thursday, but for Carroll County it was hardly the beginning of the Jack Turner era.A f...
Cook shines in state all-star game
Carroll County’s Emily Cook accounted for three-quarters of the West’s runs and played an error-free game at a new position July 11 in the...
CCHS Boys’ Basketball Camp
Allen Worrell/The Carroll NewsJ.J. Bell goes strong to the basket as Hayden Jackson (right) and Jacoby Bell (left in blue) defend on Thursday in the c...
Strickland honored for athletics and academics
Carroll County High School alum Cheyenne Strickland is being recognized for her excellence both on and off the field.Strickland, a junior two-sport st...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...