N.C. man arrested on drug charges following two-state pursuit
Local Earth Day stresses ‘Unity in Community’
Grants fuel ‘Book People’ effort this Spring
CCHS presents ‘Shrek the Musical’
Community joins Carroll students in walkout against school violence
- N.C. man arrested on drug charges following two-state pursuit - 4:39 pm
- Local Earth Day stresses ‘Unity in Community’ - 4:05 pm
- Grants fuel ‘Book People’ effort this Spring - 4:37 pm
- CCHS presents ‘Shrek the Musical’ - 4:24 pm
- Community joins Carroll students in walkout against school violence - 3:31 pm updated: 11:14 pm.
- Commonwealth Senior Living honored with three awards - 12:38 pm
- Carroll native collaborating with famed rapper on new single - 2:58 pm
- PSA proposes sewer rate increases - 2:57 pm
- Work at Byllesby Dam will close New River portage until fall - 11:28 am
- New business offers organic spray tans - 1:45 pm
- Huff pleads guilty to manslaughter - 10:50 am
- Carroll proposes budget with no tax increase - 3:58 pm updated: 4:10 pm.
- Local school safety concerns aired - 3:28 pm
- Vaughan-Bassett to partner wth hosts of HGTV’s ‘Home Town’ - 12:01 pm
- Mohawk Industries expanding in Carroll - 1:06 pm
- Congresswoman chats with Carroll students - 5:18 pm
- Fundraisers set up for CCHS principal - 2:40 pm
- Hillsville Time Machine - 11:57 am
- Wythe man jailed after chase through Galax, Carroll County - 3:51 pm
- Vaughan-Guynn-McGrady provides comfort during time of need - 12:03 pm
- Citizen volunteers help spark downtown revitalization - 11:33 am
- Life Center adapts to ever-changing face of addiction - 4:56 pm
- Clark Gas & Oil donates to local missions - 3:41 pm
- Former Carroll Co. administrator indicted on drug charge - 11:15 am
- N.C. man arrested for threat of school shooting followed to Hillsville Elementary - 2:31 pm
New business offers organic spray tans
By providing organic, airbrush spray tanning, Courtenay Houston is offering something unique to the area that also leaves her and her customers feelin...
Huff pleads guilty to manslaughter
A Hillsville woman has pled guilty to DUI and manslaughter in a traffic accident that claimed the life of a Meadows of Dan woman in 2016.Amanda P. Huf...
Carroll proposes budget with no tax increase
Despite many budget challenges, the Carroll County Board of Supervisors has presented a budget for Fiscal Year 2019 with no tax increase.During a budg...
Local school safety concerns aired
The more than 30 participants in an April 5 Parent Connect meeting, “Creating Partnerships for School Safety,” gave the message that Carro...
Vaughan-Bassett to partner wth hosts of HGTV’s ‘Home Town’
HIGH POINT, N.C. – Vaughan-Bassett Furniture Company announced today that the company will partner with Ben and Erin Napier, the hosts of HGTV...
Mohawk Industries expanding in Carroll
Governor Ralph Northam announced Monday that Mohawk Industries will expand its manufacturing operation in Carroll County.The project will preserve exi...
Carroll rallies for Nester’s 100th career win
Carroll County’s 8-7 softball win Wednesday over Glenvar wasn’t always pretty, but for head coach Rick Nester it counted just the same as ...
Crotts, Cavs rally past Floyd for first win
Chad Crotts threw four scoreless innings of relief and Carroll County scored in every inning Thursday to defeat Floyd County 10-5 in a Three Rivers Di...
Carroll girls blank Galax 4-0
Adrienne Harris recorded a hat trick and the defense pitched a shutout Thursday as Carroll County’s girls’ soccer team defeated Galax 4-0 ...
Carter earns multiple state honors
Even though the season has been over for a month, the highlights and honors continue to pile up for Carroll County senior Mariah Carter.Named the Regi...
Cavs open season 2-0
Adrienne Harris and Kaylei Newman have combined for nine goals in wins over Pulaski County and Galax as Carroll County’s girls’ soccer tea...
Harris expects good things from Lady Cavs’ soccer team
After losing a senior class of eight, you would think Carroll County’s varsity girls’ soccer team would be rebuilding.But then 50 girls ca...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...