Carroll teen receives heart transplant
‘Gas Up’ program recognizes efforts of caregivers
Three tractor trailers overturn on I-77 in Carroll
Wind, wrecks have caused I-77 shutdown in Carroll County, Virginia
Snow making for tough travel conditions in Carroll
- Carroll teen receives heart transplant - 3:27 pm
- ‘Gas Up’ program recognizes efforts of caregivers - 1:54 pm updated: 2:50 pm.
- Three tractor trailers overturn on I-77 in Carroll - 10:13 am
- Wind, wrecks have caused I-77 shutdown in Carroll County, Virginia - 9:25 am
- Snow making for tough travel conditions in Carroll - 2:17 pm
- Carroll passes resolution to name U.S. 52 Veterans Memorial Highway - 5:38 pm
- Farmer speaks in favor of wine at visitors’ center - 4:38 pm updated: 4:48 pm.
- Laurel Fork family desperately searching for missing therapy dog - 1:29 pm updated: 4:46 pm.
- Carroll-Mount Airy strike water deal - 2:58 pm
- School District weather decisions are a process - 11:51 am
- Disney World wish comes true - 4:34 pm
- Andrews sentenced on federal tax charges - 2:27 pm
- Police identify driver in tractor-trailer fatality - 3:17 pm
- Driver killed when truck strikes house on U.S. 58 - 12:20 pm
- Hydroponic farm planned for Hillsville’s Main Street - 11:11 am
- Carroll JV cheerleaders perform in Citrus Bowl - 10:59 am
- Haynes wins Fancy Gap recount by single vote - 11:10 am updated: 11:18 am.
- Dugspur man arrested for larceny, drug charges - 4:20 pm
- Four arrested in Cana on drug, firearm charges - 3:05 pm
- Domestic dispute in Carroll leads to charges for Giles man - 2:36 pm
- Carroll audit projects tough times - 12:32 pm
- Rare air - 7:35 pm
- Hillsville receives $100,000 in grant funds - 3:48 pm
- Carroll citizens oppose sale of wine at visitor’s center - 3:54 pm
- Carroll Department of Santa Services - 1:45 pm updated: 4:32 pm.
School District weather decisions are a process
Even if you do your homework, weather is an exam you’re never entirely ready to take. Recent cold weather’s impact on local schools is a g...
Disney World wish comes true
Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog.If little Hezekiah Goad could speak, those would have probably been the words out of the toddlers’ mouth Satur...
Andrews sentenced on federal tax charges
ABINGDON – A Carroll County business owner, who paid some of his employees in cash to avoid paying taxes to the Internal Revenue Service and lat...
Police identify driver in tractor-trailer fatality
The Virginia State Police have released the name of a tractor-trailer driver killed in a single-vehicle accident Friday morning. The driver of the tra...
Driver killed when truck strikes house on U.S. 58
First responders work to remove debris following a tractor trailer leaving Route 58 and striking an unoccupied house on Carrollton Pike near Galax, re...
Hydroponic farm planned for Hillsville’s Main Street
Tami Kincer and local partners hope to soon realize a dream to open an indoor hydroponic farm on Main Street in Hillsville to make fresh organic food ...
Cavs drop heartbreaker at Floyd
Mitchell Thompson’s 3-pointer with 2.8 seconds left in overtime lifted Floyd County to a 58-55 win over Carroll County on Thursday in Floyd.Carr...
Lady Cavs smother Floyd 61-43
The daughter of one of Carroll County’s most successful quarterbacks, Madi Dalton proved to be quite an accurate passer herself Thursday in the ...
Three to be inducted into CCHS Sports Hall of Fame
Two former athletes and one contributor will be inducted into the fifth class of the Carroll County High School Sports Hall of Fame on January 19, 201...
Colonels top Carroll with late run
Carroll County went toe-to-toe with undefeated William Fleming for 30 minutes Wednesday night. Late turnovers and an 8-0 Colonels’ run doomed th...
Carroll’s McMillian, Rotenizer earn all-district honors
Carroll County’s football team placed two players on the All-Three Rivers District team and the good news is both have eligibility remaining for...
Lady Cavs avenge loss to Galax
Danielle Gallimore and Mariah Carter keyed an 11-0 Cavalier run in the fourth quarter as Carroll County avenged an early-season loss to Galax with a 6...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...