WWII vet gives CCHS students ‘real’ history lesson
Governor announces 33 new jobs in Carroll County
Governor to make announcement in Carroll
Homeless man arrested after high-speed chase through Carroll in stolen vehicle
Four vie for Fancy Gap seat on Carroll School Board
- WWII vet gives CCHS students ‘real’ history lesson - 4:23 pm
- Governor announces 33 new jobs in Carroll County - 3:00 pm
- Governor to make announcement in Carroll - 2:05 pm
- Homeless man arrested after high-speed chase through Carroll in stolen vehicle - 4:14 pm
- Four vie for Fancy Gap seat on Carroll School Board - 10:39 am
- Student Police Academy - 4:03 pm
- CCHS earns the spotlight for designation - 2:10 pm
- Cooperation yields fun at Harvest Festival - 12:29 pm
- Bench dedicated to memory of Wooten - 3:49 pm
- Carroll native lands ‘dream job’ - 3:48 pm
- Fire Prevention Parade will be held October 9 - 3:07 pm
- Cavaliers celebrate with homecoming parade - 3:53 pm
- Hillsville citizens oppose new cellphone tower project - 12:04 pm
- Carroll County crowns Homecoming Royalty - 1:15 am
- Woman dies in Carroll crash on U.S. 52 - 4:09 pm
- Carroll school enrollment exceeds early projections - 3:20 pm
- Winners announced from ‘biggest’ ever Carroll Fair - 3:07 pm
- All Carroll schools fully accredited - 4:31 pm
- Carroll passes short-term rental ordinance - 12:46 pm
- Cooperation key to County Pumpkin Festival growth - 3:14 pm
- Citizen questions ‘show of force’ at Flea Market - 3:06 pm
- Dream come true – Hagee cheers for Hokies - 1:27 pm
- Carroll Middle students inducted into National Junior Honor Society - 3:04 pm
- Max Meadows woman charged after two-vehicle wreck in Hillsville - 12:04 pm
- Bowman’s celebrate 70th wedding anniversary - 12:03 pm
Carroll native lands ‘dream job’
At the tender age of 28, Daniel Nester has already landed his dream job.On Tuesday, the Carroll County native got the call he’s been waiting for...
Fire Prevention Parade will be held October 9
Hillsville Volunteer Fire Department Honor Guard members led the parade last year during National Fire Prevention Week. The annual parade will be held...
Cavaliers celebrate with homecoming parade
These members of the 2017 Cavalier Homecoming Court were all smiles at the annual Carroll County High School Homecoming Parade on September 28. The ev...
Hillsville citizens oppose new cellphone tower project
Hillsville residents voiced opposition to a proposed new cell phone tower during the Town Council’s September 25 meeting. Paraphrasing the words...
Carroll County crowns Homecoming Royalty
Carroll County High School’s royalty are all smiles after being crowned Friday night prior to the Cavaliers’ football game against Floyd C...
Woman dies in Carroll crash on U.S. 52
The Virginia State Police is investigating a fatal crash in Carroll County on Thursday morning.According to the Virginia State Police, the single-vehi...
Durnil, Delp medal
Kendra Durnil and Amie Delp both medaled for Carroll County on Thursday in the Randy Smith Cross Country Classic in Bristol, Va.Durnil placed 15th out...
Buffs blank Carroll 28-0
Ian Bary ran for 88 yards and two touchdowns and Floyd County’s defense held Carroll County to 96 total yards Friday in the Buffaloes’ 28-...
Montgomery guides Cavs to regionals
For the third straight season, Carroll County golfer Trey Montgomery has earned all-conference/all-district honors to help guide the Cavaliers to the ...
Leonard, Glenvar run past Carroll
With many deep family connections in the area, Glenvar’s Jack Leonard made sure Carroll County won’t forget his name anytime soon.On Frida...
Peoples has career day in Virginia Tech win
As a fullback for Virginia Tech last season, Galax’s Steven Peoples showed flashes of the ability that made him a record-breaking player for the...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...