Students, teachers alike learn during Intercession
Mitchell to share Antarctica experience with public
Gladeville fifth grade students take to the skies
Galax woman charged with DUID after police chase, wreck
Jessup to run against Tate in Hillsville election
- Students, teachers alike learn during Intercession - 2:52 pm
- Mitchell to share Antarctica experience with public - 1:39 pm
- Gladeville fifth grade students take to the skies - 2:55 pm
- Galax woman charged with DUID after police chase, wreck - 1:07 pm
- Jessup to run against Tate in Hillsville election - 4:13 pm
- HPD arrests N.C. man after I-77 chase, wreck - 1:42 pm
- Peaks to serve 22 years on drug charges - 1:16 pm
- Never Again - 1:48 pm updated: 3:32 pm.
- Barter Theatre plan passes in 3-2 vote - 1:07 pm
- Choirs ‘sing their hearts out’ - 3:09 pm
- Call about Carroll County school shooting determined to be a hoax - 10:31 am updated: 2:51 pm.
- Beasley to stand trial for attempted murder of law officer - 4:19 pm
- American Pickers to film in Virginia - 9:03 am
- Late appropriations to current budget could cost Carroll $1.8 million - 2:44 pm
- Trail Cam catches thief in the act - 1:02 pm
- Carroll enhances school security - 11:59 am
- Oakland Elementary students share their dreams - 3:58 pm
- Flaccavento hosts Town Hall in Carroll - 10:04 am
- Senior says patience gives love an opportunity - 2:38 pm
- Carroll cracks down on back taxes - 10:41 am
- Charges filed in Fancy Gap head-on collision - 4:10 pm
- CCHS Winter Guard off to flying start - 11:26 am
- Feb. 14 holidays are two sides of the same coin - 1:59 pm
- Fries man arrested in stabbing of Sylvatus man - 3:40 pm
- Carroll Fair named best in state for second year - 2:40 pm
Choirs ‘sing their hearts out’
Commonwealth Senior Living gave local choirs a chance to one-up the birds inspired by recent springtime temperatures with the “Sing Your Heart O...
Call about Carroll County school shooting determined to be a hoax
A 9-1-1 phone call about a shooting at Carroll County High School on Wednesday morning has been determined to be a hoax. According to Carroll Count...
Beasley to stand trial for attempted murder of law officer
An Austinville man will stand trial in Carroll County in July for a variety of charges, including the attempted capital murder of a law enforcement of...
American Pickers to film in Virginia
Mike Wolfe, Frank Fritz, and their team are excited to return to Virginia! They plan to film episodes of the hit series AMERICAN PICKERS throughout yo...
Late appropriations to current budget could cost Carroll $1.8 million
Even as it begins to tighten its belt for what it is expected to be a rough budget season, the Carroll County Board of Supervisors are now contending ...
Trail Cam catches thief in the act
A “Candid Camera” moment played an important part in charges filed in connection with a break-in on January 14 in the South Main area of H...
Lady Cavs win Region 4D Championship
After struggling most of the first half Thursday, Carroll County did what it has done all season – come together as a team. Several players made...
Lady Cavs advance to region title game
Carroll County opened Tuesday’s Region 4D Semifinal on a 17-0 run and never took the foot of the gas, destroying Blacksburg 56-19 in Hillsville ...
Three Carroll swimmers reach state finals
In just its second year as a varsity swim program, Carroll County sent three swimmers all the way to state finals Saturday at the Class 4A state swimm...
Carroll girls advance to region semifinals
Liberty Christian Academy was no match for Carroll County’s defense, mustering just 20 points Friday in a Region 4D quarterfinal against Carroll...
Lady Cavs complete Three Rivers District sweep
Trailing 36-33 early in the third quarter, Carroll County’s girls’ basketball team went on a run for the ages Tuesday to defeat Floyd Coun...
Five Carroll swimmers qualify for state tournament
In just its second season as a varsity team, Carroll County will send five swimmers to the State Tournament on Feb. 17 in Richmond.Carroll’s Kal...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Letters to Santa provide comic relief
Like most people, Christmas is my favorite time of the year.And, like my most people, I enjoy all the many wonders of the holiday – spending tim...
Much respect for Beamer
I read with much interest the recently published article entitled Beamer’s Retirement Emotional for HHS Classmates, and the editorial entitled B...
Beamer deserves better
Normally this space is reserved for coverage of Virginia Tech’s home football games. By now, if you don’t know the Hokies lost 45-43 in fo...
Lucky to have known ‘Lucky’
Though I never had the pleasure of working with William Daly Woodyard during his 24-year career with The Carroll News, “Lucky,” as he was ...
Stand for something
“If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”This line kept sticking in my head this week as I began to write a co...
Sleepless nights and poopie diapers – the joy of fatherhood
About a month ago I wrote about turning 40. Today, I write about another life milestone – the birth of my second son, and third child.Our lives ...